Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dip baby dip!


Last night we went to an "artsy wine" party held by the Metropolis Wine Club of St. Louis.  They host wine tasting events at various interesting locations throughout the city.  Last night our neighbors up the street hosted it from their business, Urban Eats.  Then, the party moved up to their AWESOME loft!  We were to each bring either a bottle of wine with an artistic label and/or an appetizer.  I brought both, because there were two of us.  I wish I had taken pictures of the party, but I forgot!  I just get too wrapped up in the moment and forget to take my camera out.  But, I did photograph the appetizer that I brought.  This is a delicious go-to dip recipe.  My mom made it all the time growing up, and always called it "acapulco dip".  It tastes best served with nacho cheese Doritos, but I tried to maintain some healthful dignity and served it with multi-grain tortilla chips.


Take two blocks of non-fat cream cheese (1/3 fat cream cheese or full fat tastes creamier, but this worked just fine and really cut the calories!).

Mix in a packet of taco seasoning, I chose hot and spicy, because I love spicy food!  Then I added about 3/4 cup to 1 cup of Old El Paso HOT salsa.  These ingredients are blended with a hand blender to the smoothest texture possible. 

Then, finely diced green bell pepper are mixed in.  This is one of the few times that I choose green bell pepper over red, yellow, or orange.  I don't typically like them, except in this case and in fajitas.

Voila!  A delicious dip that is sure to be addicting and cause you to consume a whole bag of chips with it. . . not that that would ever happen with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment