Thursday, October 8, 2009

10-08-2005

Four years ago today Chris and I were saying vows under the music stand at the beautiful Tower Grove Park. Later that evening we danced the night away and climbed around the City Museum (which you MUST go to if you're ever in St. Louis) in tuxes and wedding attire.

Primping in the limo before walking down the "aisle", or sidewalk as it was.
The two of us -- married!
The wedding party at Tower Grove Park's "ruins".


I was so nervous to walk down the aisle (I hate being the center of attention) that I was so relieved to drink a beer (Budweiser just happened to match our wedding colors)!
I like the craziness of this photo -- it was such a fun night! Chris' groomsmen were (other than his brother) a bunch of guys he went to the School of the Art Institute of Chicago with. They were a lot of fun to have around. Lou took over the DJing part way through the night and kept us all dancing fervently into the wee hours.

CAKE!


Random picture of the bachelorette party my KU girls threw for Andrea and me (Andrea and Andy got married a couple months before us, but after we all graduated grad school). I like this picture because it reminds me of how many great friendships I made in graduate school, and how sweet the girls there were to throw us a joint bachelorette party!

Tonight I tried to make Chris a nice, romantic meal, but I should have stuck with a sure fire recipe. I made stuffed eggplant with wilted greens. I had made it before, but it just didn't work out so well tonight (being rushed after getting home from work). But, the brownies with chocolate ganache and cherry chocolate ice cream were a hit! We're going to do some real celebrating this weekend!

I love you, Chris! Four years of fun . . . MANY, MANY more to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment