|Carrot Cake Cookie with homemade ginger ice cream|
Here is the recipe if you'd like. I substituted grated coconut for the raisins:
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 2 ounces bar cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- FOR THE COOKIES:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup packed, finely grated, peeled carrots
- 1/3 cup dried currants
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Make filling: With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add sugar and lemon juice; beat until combined. Cover; chill until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make cookies: In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugars, and egg yolk. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, ginger, and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture; stir until combined. Mix in oats, carrots, and currants.
- Drop dough by level tablespoons, 2 inches apart, onto prepared baking sheets. Flatten with the palm of your hand. Bake until edges are crisp, rotating baking sheets halfway through, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Turn half the cookies over, bottom side up; dollop each with about 1 teaspoon chilled cream-cheese filling. Top with remaining cookies, pressing gently to spread filling to edges. Serve immediately.
Read more at Marthastewart.com: Carrot-Cake Cookies Recipe - MarthaStewart.com