Monday, September 6, 2010

I'm hyper

Hyper stimulated, that is.  After my ultrasound and blood work this morning, the doctor called me herself.  Usually it's the nurse practitioner, so I knew something was up.  My estrogen is at 5200, which is not good.  It's way too high, and they are worried about me coming down with Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS).  My doctor said she would let me take the hcg trigger shot tonight, despite the high estrogen, but that she was worried.  She suggested that after my retrieval surgery, we freeze all embryos except for 6, in case I am not able to do a fresh transfer due to OHSS.  Last IVF they were really worried about my estrogen being so high too, but it was only at 3500 or so.  I didn't get OHSS last time, but that doesn't mean that I won't this time.  I don't feel horrible yet, just pretty full in the ovary area.  But, I guess at least I get to go through with the retrieval.  At least I didn't develop all of these eggs for nothing.  So, my retrieval surgery is scheduled for 8:00 am this Wednesday.  I get to take the lovely intramuscular hcg shot tonight.

Even thought the poll isn't technically over, it looks as though a recipe from Martha Stewart's Cookies won out!  I will be posting the outcome sometime in the next day or so!  Thanks for participating in getting my butt in gear with the baking!

1 comment:

  1. I got your message from my blog too about music. Hmmm... I have posted a few on my blog- "I'm a Survivor" by Destiny's Child. A lot of my other ones are more morose about loss...

    Anyways, on to you- I am so sorry to hear about having to do a Freeze All IVF. But, at least the ER is not a waste. It probably is better for your body- I often skirt a fine line too with my high estrogen levels.

    Hope you get a nice batch of embies!

    ReplyDelete