Monday, February 15, 2010

Go local, everyone else is doing it!

Ok, so I don't think I've blogged about this at all, and we've been doing it for several months now! We are part of a local CSA (Community Shared Agriculture) called Fair Shares. So, all of the items in our share are locally grown, made, or raised. Every Thursday we get to go pick up our share (we have a partial share) and see what fun surprises we have! Here is a sampling of various items we have gotten that are still in our fridge/freezer/pantry:


I had NO idea that they grew rice in Missouri, but they do!!!

Fresh pasta from Mangia Italiano on Cherokee.

I'm not sure where these dried noodles came from?


Because it's the winter, we don't get much, if any, produce. But, come Spring and Summer, this CSA share is going to be so awesome! I feel very lucky that we get to experience this. There is a waiting list of over 150 people wanting to get a share from the Fair Shares CSA!!

It has been fun trying to come up with way to use the items we get from our CSA! I got a jar of pumpkin puree a while back that turned into a FABULOUS soup! I just made up the recipe, and never would have done so if I hadn't received a jar of pumpkin puree that I had to find something to do with.

No comments:

Post a Comment