Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pizza on the grill!





Heck, I'll grill anything if the weather's nice!  And tonight (this post is a few days later) I was craving pizza, but just had to grill since it was finally a lovely day.  So, I brainstormed, and realized that we had some whole wheat naan bread that I just bought at Trader Joe's as well as some eggplant/red pepper spread from TJ's.  So, without much more thought, dinner was brought to fruition.  And here are the lovely results.


I have to give some props here; you may have noticed that I changed my blog name, lightened things up a bit.  Well, this is a result of a fortuitous stumble upon a blog called Kath Eats Real Food.  Click it, I dare you, you'll come back from cyber space a healthier person!  Due to her inspirational story and realistic eating habits, I was able to make some real changes to my eating habits.  I joined Calorie King, which has really helped me portion control, well . . . most of the time.  I have been working out at the Y much more often than I was, but still not enough.  After I fell down the stairs earlier this week and really messed up my knee, I haven't been going.  As soon as this bruise clears up, though, it's on!  I have been able to run on the treadmill for 1.5 miles, which may sound like nothing to some, but for me that's a lot.  Especially with my exercise-induced asthma issues.

If you want to make these delicious grilled naan pizzas, it's as simple as:

1. Place naan and your choice of veggies on grill (we used yellow bell peppers and onions).
2. Top grilled naan with Red Pepper Spread.
3.  Top with vegetables and fresh mozzarella cheese.
4.  Place under broiler until cheese melts.
5.  Eat!  Only around 370 calories for one pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment