Thursday, June 10, 2010

I like Schedules

I talked to my RE's office today about my upcoming IVF schedule for August/September. We are still going to Thailand in July, but I wanted to know when I could expect to start all the fun shots when we returned!

I had asked my Dr. if I could use the one frozen embryo we have along with a fresh cycle. She talked it over with the group of REs at the office (they all meet and discuss various cases every week), and they decided that it wouldn't work out. The embryo that is frozen is a 5 day embryo, and they can't guarantee that my fresh cycle would be a 5 day transfer. Therefore, if my fresh cycle were a 3 day transfer, then I'd have to have the frozen embryo transferred two days later, and they don't want to interrupt what is already happening in the uterus by doing a second transfer. It made sense to me! I hope I get another frozen embryo or two this next time so that we have a frozen cycle in our future (whether it be because we have to do a 3rd IVF, or if we can save them for a 2nd child!).

So, it looks like I will start my suppression end of August, and begin stims September 3rd (I think that's what she said -- I was driving when she called). The estimated retrieval date is set for September 13th! This would time out really well with the end of the next school year if it worked! Although, I shouldn't even think that way -- too many ifs. I'm effing tired of iffing.

It's nice to have something to look forward to as soon as we get back from our trip!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I'm so excited to see some dates! It will be here before you know it. How perfect! You guys will go on a fun trip and then come back refreshed and recharged ready to start a cycle! September sounds great!

    ReplyDelete