Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bento Birthdays!




A month ago I stumbled across a blog featuring mostly bento box lunches.  I was instantly amused by the concept.  The first thing I thought of when I read about this Japanese trend was how much my mom would LOVE it.  My mom has always been one to snack, scavenge, and pick rather than feast or dine.  She loves little portions or samplings of food.  Her lunch bag consists of multiple little tupperware containers of snacky foods.  BINGO!  I had her birthday present -- I ordered it off of this website.  Once she got it, I decided that I should probably get myself a bento box.  However, seeing as though my birthday is only a little less than a month after my mom's, I didn't have to wait long.  My mother-in-law bought me a bento box set identical to the one I bought my mom, which was great, because I really liked the one I purchased for my mom.  So, without further ado, here are some photos from my first assembled bento box.  I didn't get fancy or clever.  I just appreciate the bento box for forcing me to pack small portioned lunches.  I had some Craisins, chili-lime cashews, turkey pepperoni, chocolate covered dried berries, mini salad with cucumbers and a molded hard-boiled egg.  It was surprisingly satisfying and filling!  I am learning to savor . . . maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment