Thursday, December 17, 2009

Same Story, Different Cycle

Well, IUI was a bust. We'll be trying the whole process over again at the end of January. We could have started sooner, EXCEPT . . . .

we're going on a CRUISE!!! My parents were so sweet, and kind of nudged us into taking a cruise to help us relax and just have some fun couple time. So our Christmas present this year is a vacation! We need a fun adventure to get our minds off of the horrible fertility struggle. My doctor's office was asking me if I was ok with bringing my Lupron shots on the cruise with me, and I was like "I think that sort of defeats the purpose of this cruise. It's supposed to be to forget about all of this." So they put me on birth control (ironic) for two cycles and I will be starting up the Lupron shots middle of January. Oh how I am missing the bruised belly-three shots a day-raging hormones-bloated belly.

Anyway, so our cruise is through Norwegian Cruise Line and it is a 7 night cruise. We leave out of Miami on December 27th, head to Roatan, Honduras, Belize City, Belize, Costa Maya, Mexico, and Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas, arriving back in Miami on January 3rd! We are so excited! I especially can't wait for the snorkeling -- they say it's the best snorkeling outside the Great Barrier Reef of Australia!!

I just tell myself, you know what, there are a lot of PLUSES to not having children. I need to appreciate the time I have childless (because no matter what, adoption or in vitro, I will have a kid some day). There are so many fun things to do in life that are easier to do without children. So, we're going to live it up while we can!

So, this baking blog has become quite the infertility blog. That will hopefully change this weekend. I am hoping to do the Daring Baker's challenge this weekend, as well as my annual cookie bake with Chris' mom PLUS a cookie bake party at Faith's house tomorrow night! I should definitely have some baking photos up very soon! And then, after that, CRUISE photos!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited you guys are getting away! Have a great time and be safe. Thanks for the tasty cookies last night. Can't wait to see pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are having a great vacation. Can't wait to see your recap and pics.

    ReplyDelete