Friday, December 19, 2008

TWD: Grandma's All-Occasion Sugar Cookies




Ok, so this post is WAY late, and I've already missed another TWD assignment for this week.  But, I have an excuse!  Every year my mother-in-law and I get together to bake Christmas cookies.  Well, I had to save this recipe for the day we were to make our cookies!  Plus, I was hoping the stuff I ordered on Fancyflours.com would arrive in time to make the cookies, so I could make cute little snowflake sugar cookies.  But, no such luck.  However, this cookie recipe was so wonderful, I will definitely be making snowflake sugar cookies using Dorie's recipe soon!  Everyone in my family who was over for cookie-making agreed that this recipe was the best sugar cookie recipe!  The pictures are of my little cousin, Ella, after decorating her sugar-cookies.  I used a special cookie-mold pan to make these.  The pan made the cookies come out really thick and chewy-cakey, which was really a delicious texture and flavor!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, what a neat pan... I didn't know a cookie mold pan even existed.

    Making cookies with family is what Christmas is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun you must have had! These cookies were SO good!

    Happy 2009!

    ReplyDelete